192.168.100.1 is one of the IP Addresses that belong to the category of the private IP address. It can be allocated to any device on the local network and it is also the default IP address of many routers and modems such as those of Huawei and NETGEAR.
A Private IP Address is the one which can be accessed by the users on a specific local network and it is secure and safe than the private IP Address. Being a default IP address of many routers and modems, 192.168.100.1 can be used to access the Administrator Panel of the router to make the desired changes to the settings of the router.
How to login to 192.168.100.1?
To login into the Admin Panel of your router and change the settings through 192.168.100.1, follow these steps:
- Open your Internet Browser.
- In the URL bar, type http://192.168.100.1 or 192.168.100.1 and press Enter.
- A login page of the router will appear, asking you to enter the username and password to log in.
- Enter the assigned username and password. (Here is list of default router id and passwords)
- Given that the username and password are correct, you will be logged in into the admin panel of the router. You can change many settings from there including your router’s password, Wi-Fi settings, SSID, security settings, etc.
Note: Be careful when entering the IP address, most commonly 192.168.l00.1 is typed which is an invalid IP address.
Forgot 192.168.100.1 Username and Password?
It happens to every one of us that we forget the username/password or both and then are unable to login. If you have lost or forgot the username and password for 192.168.100.1 then worry not, you can easily recover your username/password.
To recover the forgotten username and password, you would have to perform a factory reset on your router. Keep in mind that all changes that you have made will be cleared.
- Take a sharp, pointed object such as a needle or paperclip.
- Look for a small RESET button on the back of the router.
- Press and hold that button for 10-15 seconds using the needle or paperclip.
- After that, release the button. The router will reboot itself and everything will be reset back to the default including any changed username and password.