192.168.15.1 is a private IP Address that is used by router manufacturers such as D-Link, Linksys, Motorola as the default IP address of the router for accessing the router management interface. Through 192.168.15.1, you can gain the access to the settings of your router & wireless network and make all the required changes to the settings that you want to.
How to login to 192.168.15.1?
If the default IP address of your web router is 192.168.15.1 then you can follow these steps below to login into the management interface of your web router:
- Connect your PC to the web router. Use an ethernet cable, connecting one end into your PC and the other into the router, or just connect to the wireless network of the router.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar, type the default IP address of your router: http://192.168.15.1, and press Enter.
- You will be taken to the router login page. Here you will have to enter the login Username and Password to continue. You can find the default login username and password printed on a sticker on the box of the router or on the backside of the router.
- Enter the correct login credentials and click on Login.
- You will be now logged into the management interface of your web router.
How to change Wi-Fi Network Name(SSID) and Password?
Many users don’t access the settings of the router because they are not familiar with them but you can only change the Wi-Fi Network Name and Password from the Settings or Router Management Interface.
Changing the Wi-Fi Network Name and Password is an easy thing to do and it doesn’t require doing anything complicated.
Here is how you can change the Wi-Fi Network Name and Password through 192.168.15.1:
Wi-Fi Network Name:
- Login into the router management interface by using the method mentioned above.
- Once logged in, go to Wireless Section.
- In the Wireless Section, look for your main Wi-Fi network.
- In the SSID/Wireless Network Name field, enter the new name that you wanna set for your Wi-Fi Network.
- Now, click on Apply to save the changes.
- After the router reboots, the Wi-Fi Network Name would have been changed and you will have to connect to Wi-Fi Network again from all the previously connected devices.
Wi-Fi Network Password:
- Login into the router management interface. The method is mentioned above.
- Now, go to the Wireless section and look for your main Wi-Fi network.
- In the Wi-Fi Network Password/Passphrase field, enter the new password for your Wi-Fi network. (Make sure that you choose a strong password consisting of upper-case, lower-case letters along with numbers and symbols.)
- Once you have entered the new password, click on Apply to save the changes.
- The router will now reboot and after it reboots, you can connect to the Wi-Fi network using the new password.
The step-by-step method for every router will differ but the overall method is the same i.e logging into the router management interface, heading over to the wireless section, and changing the Wi-Fi Network Name and Password from there, and saving the changes.