AT&T Wi-Fi Passpoint is a hotspot technology that automates secure roaming between AT&T cellular and Boingo Wi-Fi networks. It automatically switches your device between Passpoint-certified Wi-Fi networks using WPA2/WPA3 encryption. AT&T subscribers can use this service at no additional charge.
Passpoint Secure network is available at more than 40 Boingo airports, and nearly 150,000 TWCWi-Fi Passpoint hotspots nationwide.
How to connect to AT&T Wi-Fi Passpoint?
- Go to Settings and Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Select “attwifi-Passpoint” Wi-Fi network.
- You will be connected to AT&T Wi-Fi Passpoint.
Unable to connect to AT&T Wi-Fi Passpoint?
Make sure “Boingo Passpoint Profile” is installed on your device.
To Download Profile, visit passpoint.boingo.com in your browser.
Allow the profile to be downloaded, enter system password and install when prompted.
Passpoint is built-in feature on iOS 10+. To confirm, go to Settings > General > Profiles.
If the “Passpoint Secure” Profile is not installed, proceed to download and install it.
If the profile is already installed, it is recommended to delete and re-installing the profile.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Network and Internet > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Settings.
- Tap Advanced or More.
- Turn on Passpoint or Hotspot 2.0 under Advanced Settings.
OSX / Mac Laptop devices:
- Download and select Install.
- Enter System Password if prompted.
- Select Install.
Passpoint works with all Hotspot 2.0 capable devices running Android 6.0, Windows 10, iPhone 5 (or higher), iPad 3rd generation (or higher), iPad Air, all iPad Mini’s and Macs running OSX Mavericks (or higher).
How to Disable AT&T Wi-Fi Passpoint Auto-Join?
Try the following options to disable AT&T Wi-Fi Passpoint.
- Turn off Wi-Fi > Next to attwifi-Passpoint Wi-Fi tap the icon > Select Forget This Network and Disable Auto-Join.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Auto-Join Hotspot > Select Never or Ask to Join.
- If you do not plan to use the service again, delete the Passpoint Secure Profile from your phone.
- If Auto-Join persists, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi Network and click Forget Network and Disable Auto-connect.
- Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Settings > Advanced or More > Turn off Passpoint.