JioFi routers are portable hotspot devices that have made it easier for users to access the internet with the help of these portable devices. If you own a JioFi router then you should probably know about the web page “jiofi.local.html”. It is the web address that is used to log in and access the admin panel of JioFi Routers. Through the admin panel of your JioFi Router, you can access different settings of your router such as JioFi WiFi Password, JioFi WiFi SSID, DNS, Proxy, LAN, WAN, DSL, etc.
How to Login to jiofi.local.html?
JioFi Admin Panel holds all the important settings of your router and it can be managed easily through the web address, jiofi.local.html. Just like you can log into the admin panel of your router through the default gateway address, you can also log into the admin panel of your JioFi device by following these simple steps given below:
- Connect your device to the JioFi WiFi network.
- Once connected, open a web browser.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type http://jiofi.local.html or simply jiofi.local.html and press Enter.
- JioFi login page will appear. Here you will have to enter the JioFi Login Username and Password to continue. For JioFi devices the username and password are:
- Username: administrator
- Password: administrator
- After entering the username and password, you will be logged into the JioFi Admin Panel.
How to change JioFi WiFi Network Password?
Be it JioFi WiFi Network or any other router’s WiFi network, all of the WiFi networks come with a default password that is a random combination of letters and digits that is hard to remember.
If you have told someone about your JioFi WiFi password then there is a huge risk that someone else can also find about your WiFi password and get access to your network and data being shared across the network. Therefore, it is important to change this password after you share it with someone.
This password can easily be changed through the Admin Panel of the JioFi router and you can set the password as you want to.
To change the password of the JioFi WiFi network, follow these steps:
- Log into the JioFi Router Admin Panel by using the aforementioned method.
- Once logged in, you will be inside the Home Page. Navigate over to Settings > Wi-Fi > Security Key.
- In the Security Key field, enter the password of your choice.
- Click on Apply and then Ok to save the changes.
- The password will be changed after the device reboots.
Always make sure that when you are setting a password then it is a strong combination of letters, digits, and special symbols that is hard to be guessed by anyone.
Troubleshoot jiofi.local.html not opening
If the webpage jiofi.local.html is not working or not opening then there may be a problem with the settings of the JioFi Router or there is some problem with the cache of the browser. Whatever the problem may be, the easiest solution is to just factory reset your router and afterward just open the web address and login using the method mentioned above.
Keep in mind that once you factory reset your JioFi router, all the settings will be reverted to the defaults including any changed password. Here is how you can factory reset your JioFi Router:
- Take off the back covering off the JioFi router device while it is turned on.
- Locate the small hidden RESET button.
- Now, take a pointed object such as a needle or toothpick and press & hold the RESET button for 10-15 seconds and after that let go.
- The router’s LED lights will blink and the router will reboot.
- After the device reboots, everything will be reset back to factory defaults and you will be able to access the JioFi admin panel that you weren’t able to before.
Now that your JioFi Router has been factory reset, you can then log into the admin panel using the method mentioned above. The problem would most likely be fixed and you will easily be able to log into the admin panel of your JioFi Router and make the desired changes to the settings of the router.
Access MicroSD Card via JioFi
JioFi Router devices have a hidden feature through which the users can share photos, videos, and other files with other users that are connected to the same JioFi network. JioFi devices have a lot of features but along with all that, this is a feature that is also very useful. JioFi devices have a microSD card slot where you can insert your microSD card. This is the same slot that you would find on your smartphone. By inserting your MicroSD card into its slot, you will be able to share data easily just through your JioFi device.
Here is how you can access the MicroSD Card feature on your JioFi devices:
- Turn off your JioFi device.
- Take a MicroSD card.
- Open the back covering of the device and insert it into the SD Card slot.
- Now, turn on the device.
- Access the Admin Panel of the JioFi device by logging in through http://jiofi.local.html/.
- Once logged in, go to Settings > Storage.
- Now, choose the following options:
- Storage Account: Enable
- Storage Username: Set the desired username.
- Storage Password: Set the desired username.
- Storage Mode: WiFi Storage
Now, you can share the SD Card URL i.e http://jiofi.local.html/sdcard.html with other people who are connected on the network and they will be able to access the contents of the SD Card using the Storage Username and Password that you had set before.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is JioFi?
Ans. JioFi is a portable hotspot device by Reliance Digital that can provide high-speed 4G internet. It can support Download Speeds up to 150 Mbps and Upload Speeds up to 50 Mbps.
Q2. What is the current price of a JioFi device?
Ans. The current price of a JioFi device is INR 1,999 that also includes a starter kit.
Q3. Where can I buy a JioFi device?
Ans. You can easily find JioFi on all Reliance Digital Stores and online stores including Amazon, Snapdeal.
Q4. What is the difference between JioFi and MiFi?
Ans. There is no difference between JioFi and MiFi, both are the same devices that can provide high-speed 4G internet.
Q5. What is included in the JioFi box?
Ans. When you buy a JioFi device then you get a starter kit that includes a JioFi portable hotspot device along with a Jio GST software solution (for 1 year), 25 GB data (for 1 year), unlimited voice calls, and a billing & management application.
Q6. From where can I get a JioFi SIM?
Ans. Jio SIM cards only work with JioFi devices and you can easily buy one from any Reliance Jio Digital Store. You have to bring any document as proof of your identity for verification.
Q7. How many devices can be connected to a JioFi device simultaneously?
Ans. It is a unique feature of JioFi devices that at a time up to 31 devices can be connected simultaneously to the hotspot. However, to avoid bandwidth and speed issues, it is better to make the numbers of connected devices as low as possible.
Q8. How much time does the JioFi device take to charge and how long will the battery last?
Ans. JioFi devices come with a 2300 mAh battery that takes about 3 hours to charge with a standard charger and a fully charged battery lasts about 6 hours.
Q9. Is tethering available with the JioFi device?
Ans. Yes, USB tethering is one of the features of JioFi devices. There is a dedicated USB port through which you can tether your connection onto your PC using a micro USB cable.