MiWiFi.com is the web interface for Xiaomi MiWiFi Routers where you can manage the settings and configurations of both your router and WiFi network.
How to login to MiWiFi?
To be able to log into the web interface of the Xiaomi MiWiFi Router, your PC should be connected to the router. You can connect your PC to the router by using an Ethernet cable by plugging one end of the cable into the router and the other end into your PC or you can connect to the WiFi network of the router, either way, you can connect your PC to the Xiaomi MiWiFi Router. Once a connection has been established between the router and PC, you can follow these steps below to log into the web interface of your MiWiFi Router:
- Open a web browser on your PC such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
- In the URL bar type the default gateway address for Mi WiFi routers: http://miwifi.com/ or http://192.168.31.1.
- You will be taken to the MiWiFi router login page. You will have to enter the login username and password to continue.
- The default username and password for Mi WiFi routers are:
- Username: blank field
- Password: admin
- Enter the login username and password and click on Login.
- If the login credentials are correct then you will be logged in to the web-based interface of your Mi WiFi router and will be able to manage all the settings of the router and WiFi network from there.
How to change WiFi password and SSID?
- Login to the MiWiFi interface using the steps mentioned above.
- Open “Settings” from the top bar and navigate to the “Wi-Fi Settings“.
- In the name field, enter your WiFi network name.
- Choose Encryption as Mixed (WPA/WPA2-personal).
- Enter your new WiFi password in the password field.
- Click Save for the changes to reflect.
How to factory reset Xiaomi MiWiFi Router?
If you have forgotten the password to the MiWiFi Router Login page or messed up the settings of the router or simply unable to access the web-based interface of the router then you need to factory reset your router. Factory Resetting your router means that you are resetting all the settings and configurations of both the router and WiFi network back to factory defaults.
So, if you have forgotten the login password or messed up the settings of the router then you can easily reset everything to the way it was when you bought it by just factory resetting. Factory Resetting a router means that all of the settings that you changed including any changed login password, WiFi Password, and other settings.
Here is how you can factory reset your Xiaomi MiWiFi Router:
- First of all, locate the tiny Reset button. It is usually located at the back of the router.
- Once you have found the Reset button, take a pointed object such as a needle or paperclip. Now with the help of the needle, press and hold the Reset button for 10-15 seconds.
- After 10-15 seconds, let go of the button. The LED lights of the router will blink and the router will reboot.
- After the router reboots, everything will be reverted back to factory defaults including any changed password. You can then log in using the default password.