For anyone using an Xfinity router, they should know how they can log in to the Xfinity router in order to access the settings of their router and also manage their WiFi network
Logging into the Xfinity router is easy and all you need to have is a computer or mobile device connected to the Xfinity router. You can connect using an ethernet cable or through the WiFi network. Once your device is connected to the Xfinity router, you can follow these steps given below to log in to your Xfinity router and manage your network:
- On your device, open a web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar of the browser, type http://10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 and press Enter.
- You will be taken to the Xfinity router login page. Here you will be asked to enter your login username and password to continue. (The login username and password isn’t the same as your WiFi name and password)
- If you haven’t changed the login credentials then you can log in using the default credentials which are:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Type in these credentials and click on the Login button.
- Now, you will be logged into your Xfinity router and from here you can manage different settings of both your router and network.
Change Xfinity WiFi SSID and Password
As mentioned, you can not only manage the settings of your router but also your WiFi network from the Xfinity router settings page. To change your Xfinity WiFi SSID and Password, follow these steps:
- Log into the Xfinity router using the method mentioned above. It hardly takes 1-2 minutes to log in.
- Once logged in, from the left menu, go to Gateway > Connection > WiFi.
- Under the Private WiFi Network section, you will see your home network. Click on the EDIT button next to your wireless network. (You may see two wireless networks, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Select the one that is your current network)
- Now, enter the new SSID for your WiFi network in the Network Name (SSID) field.
- Enter new WiFi password in the Network Password field.
- After entering both the new SSID and password, click on Save Settings to save the changes.
- The router will now reboot and you will have to reconnect to the WiFi as all the previously connected devices will be disconnected automatically.
Forgot Xfinity Router Login Password
If you had changed the Xfinity Router Login Password and had forgotten it then you won’t be able to access the router settings page. To regain access to the router’s settings page, you will have to perform a factory reset that will revert all the settings back to the factory defaults including any changed passwords, WiFi network name, WiFi network password. Here is how you can factory reset your Xfinity router:
- To factory reset your router, you will need a small, pointed object such as a paperclip or toothpick.
- Look for the hidden RESET button at the back of the router and press & hold the button for 10-15 seconds until all the LED lights turn off and then let go.
- The router will now reboot and everything will be reset to factory defaults. You can then log in to the router using the default login username and password.