169.254.1.1 is a private IP address to change WiFi password, Network Name (SSID), and default modem or router settings at http://169.254.1.1.
How to login to 169.254.1.1?
- Open a browser and type http://169.254.1.1 in the address bar.
- Enter the Username and Password and click Login.
- You will be logged in to the router’s settings.
Note: The default Router Username and Password will be printed on a sticker on the back of your modem/router.
How to change your Wi-Fi Password and Network Name?
- Log in to the router’s settings.
- Go to Wi-Fi Settings or Wireless Settings.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Network Name in the Network Name (SSID) field.
- Enter the Wi-Fi Password in the Wi-Fi Password/WPA Pre-Shared key/Network Key field.
- Click Apply/Save Settings.
169.254.1.1 is not working?
- Your device must be connected to your router’s Wi-Fi network. Check your connection and try again.
- Make sure you are using the correct IP address, learn how to find your router IP address.
- Try to open the IP address from a different browser.
- Clear your browser cache and try again.