192.168.254.254 is a private IP address used by different router manufacturers as the default gateway address to the router management interface. 192.168.254.254 is widely used in the Philippines by brands such as Globe at Home, PLDT, and Sky. The router management interface of any router holds all the simple and advanced settings of both the router and Wi-Fi Network. If you own a Wireless Network that has the default gateway address 192.168.254.254 then you can access the router management interface of your router through this web address.
How to login to 192.168.254.254?
You will only be able to access the router management interface of the router through 192.168.254.254 if the default gateway address for your router is 192.168.254.254 only. Otherwise, you will have to enter an IP address other than this. Make sure that the default gateway address for your router is 192.168.254.254.
Now, that it is confirmed that the default gateway address of your router is 192.168.254.254, you can access the router management interface of your wireless router by following these simple steps given below:
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- In the address type the default gateway address of your router: http://192.168.254.254/ and press Enter.
- You will be taken to the router login page. Here you will be asked to enter the login username and password to continue. You can find the username and password printed on a label on the box of your router or on the back of the router. For Globe Telecom users, the default username is “user” and password is “@l03e1t3” (without the quotation marks”. You can look at our list of default router username and passwords.
- Log in using the username and password.
- You will be now logged into the router management interface and manage the settings of your router and Wi-Fi network from there.
How to find the default IP address of the router?
As mentioned earlier, to be able to access the router management interface, you need to find out the default IP address or the gateway address for your router. Only with the correct IP address, you will be able to access the router management interface, otherwise, you won’t be able to.
Finding the default IP address of the router is easy and takes just a few moments. Here is how you can find the default IP address of your router on different devices:
- Open Command Prompt on your Windows PC or simply press Windows + R and type CMD and hit enter.
- The Command Prompt window will open. Type “ipconfig” and press Enter.
- Different addresses will show up. Look for the IP address next to Default Gateway. The IP address next to Default Gateway will be the default IP address of your router.
- Open the Terminal window by going to Utilities > Terminal.
- When the Terminal window opens then type “netstat -nr | grep default” and press Enter.
- You will find the default IP address next to the “default” label.
That’s is the method by which you can find the default IP Address on Windows or Mac PC. Once you find the default IP address of the router, you can use that IP address to login into the router management interface.