Login to your Linksys router web interface to configure the basic and advanced settings of your router. You can set up your router, change wireless network, and advanced settings such as port forwarding, therefore, it is important that you know how to access the web interface of your router.
The first thing that you do is to make sure that your PC is connected to the router. There are two ways by which you can do so. Either using an Ethernet cable to directly connect your PC to the router or you can connect using the WiFi network.
How to login to Linksys router?
Once your PC is connected to the router, you can follow these steps to log in to the web interface of your Linksys Router.
- Launch a web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar, type the default IP address of the Linksys router i.e http://192.168.1.1, and press Enter.
- You will be taken to the router’s login page where you will have to enter the login username and password to continue.
- The default login credentials for Linksys routers are:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- You can use the default login credentials to log in or use your own credentials if you changed the default credentials.
- Once you enter the correct login credentials, you will be logged into the web interface of the Linksys router and make all the changes to the settings of the router.
Change Linksys admin password:
Changing the admin password of the Linksys router is easy and here is how you can change it:
- The first thing that you should do is that login to the admin interface of the router using the aforementioned method.
- Once logged in, go to Administration > Management.
- In the Router Password field, enter your new router password.
- Re-enter the password in the field below.
- Click on Save Settings and Continue to save the changes.
- Next time when logging into the router web interface then use the new admin password to log in.
It is important that you change the router’s administrator password otherwise anyone connected to the router can easily access the router’s web interface using the default admin password. Admin Password is used to prevent unauthorised access to the web interface of your router and if you haven’t changed it then anyone can easily access the router’s settings and change different settings of the router without you even knowing.