192.168.8.1 is a private IP address that is used to access the login page and settings of the router. Most commonly it is used by Huawei for its routers and wireless devices but it can also be used by other manufacturers to access the settings of the router.
Through this page, you can log into your router and manage not only your router and its settings but also your home WiFi network. Before logging in make sure that your PC is connected to the router’s network. You can use an ethernet cable to connect the PC to the router or you can connect wirelessly through the WiFi network.
How to login to 192.168.8.1?
You can follow these steps below to log into your router settings page at 192.168.8.1:
- On your PC, open a web browser.
- Open a new tab and in the URL bar, type in http://192.168.8.1 or 192.168.8.1 and press Enter.
- You will be taken to the login page of your router and will have to enter the admin username and password to continue. You can find the default login credentials on a label that is printed at the back of your router.
- For most devices that have 192.168.8.1 as the default gateway address, the username and password are:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Enter the login credentials and click on Login.
- You will be now logged into the settings page of your router. You can configure both your router and home network from here.
Unable to access 192.168.8.1
If you are unable to access the login page through 192.168.8.1 or the router is unable to process your request then it might be due to the following reason:
Default IP Address: It might be that the default gateway address for your router may be other than 192.168.8.1. Due to this reason, you may be having trouble accessing the login page through 192.168.8.1. Try finding the correct IP address for your router and use that IP address instead of 192.168.8.1. Usually, it is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
Mistyped the IP Address: It might that you might have typed one of the letters of the IP address wrong such as 192.168.8.l or https://192.168.8.l. When this happens then the browser is unable to access anything. Make sure that you are typing in the correct IP address i.e 192.168.8.1.
IP Address Conflict: When you have more than one routers connected to the modem to access the internet then there might arise an IP address conflict between the routers. In such cases, when you type in 192.168.8.1 in the browser then the browser will either show nothing or take you to the login page of the other router. To resolve this issue, you need to set up static IP addresses for both of the routers so, that there arises no IP address conflict.